[MPlayer-users] Trouble with dvd sync

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:17:35 CEST 2005

On 9/30/05, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:05:18 -0400
> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > Yes, but how do you know the new card won't be broken too?
>
> You get an inexpensive and very common one...
>
> > IMO this is not a good solution..
>
> It's not a good situation in general, however spending $10 rather than
> hour after hour is currently the best option IMHO.
>
> > fact many DVDs that have crap-quality TV trailers and other similar
> > extras use 352x480 or 352x240 video.
>
> Many DVDs? I've gone through a lot of DVDs and haven't seen a single
> one at any resolution other than full NTSC/PAL yet.

My soundcard can't be the problem as I have done multi hour captures into
other formats (uncompressed or huffyuv) hundreds of times with no problems
but I want a one step to dvd badly as I quit because I got sick of the time
before I could watch the show as it was capture time+reencode time as xbmc
and network streaming could not keep up with such big files