[MPlayer-users] Codec install

wolf-r1 at wispertel.net wolf-r1 at wispertel.net
Sun Apr 2 23:06:18 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm new to desktop Linux so please bear with me. I am running off of a
fresh install of FC5 with mplayer installed via Yum from the Livna
repository. I downloaded the CODEC package off of the main Mplayer page. I
installed those codecs to the locations dictated by the Readme.txt file
within the codec package. Despite that some WMV files will not play. I get
proper sound out of them but no video.

At this point I cannot find any other information on where to place those
files or how to tell Mplayer to use those codecs. Does anyone have any
other information on this for me? All help is greatly appreciated.