[MPlayer-users] Question 1 of 1: SSA/ASS support status

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Mon Apr 3 05:29:40 CEST 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 22:48, Ergzay wrote:

> On 2006/03/21, at 0:49, Ergzay wrote:
>
> > Rather than a third bug this is a question regarding the status of the
> > full SSA/ASS support for mplayer. I have heard rumors of many
> > different people working on this and I was wondering if anyone knew
> > anything about it.

There was a patch posted to mplayer-dev in the last few days.

The remaining issues, I suppose, is whether it should be integrated
as is, as a filter, or whether attempts should be made to use the
existing MPlayer methodology and render the subtitles in the VO,
which would give extra speed, and also extra beauty and features
(see OpenGL outputs).