[MPlayer-users] audio and video auto of sync ..looking for solution

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Tue Apr 4 00:18:21 CEST 2006

HI all.,

I have some recordings where audio and video are out of sync.

Except for complex cut and past editing there might be a solution for this but
I do not know how I can acchieve this with mencoder.

my idea is as follows,

1, split video and audio
2. truncate audio (which is faster than video so there should be excess audio)
3. now I have and good length video and audio file.
4. remerge them remove a frame here and there.  Since this is PAL at 25 fps
and suppose I have 10 seconds too much, I need to remove 250 fps all over the
movie which should be unnoticable.

So would this work and how can I do this ?