[MPlayer-users] MP4 playback window too small

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Apr 4 06:23:58 CEST 2006

Dale Harris wrote:
> On 2006-04-03 at 14:02, Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> elucidated:
>> Dale Harris wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried searchign the archives about information about this, and I
>>> imagine it's an easy fix.  I'm trying to play an MP4 on a Linux box, but
>>> it's only displaying perhaps a quarter size of the actual video.  The
>>> Quicktime player on my Mac is having no problems.  I tried -vf scale,
>>> but that obviously didn't do the trick.
>> Please upload a sample, either to your own server somewhere or to:
>> ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
>>
>> ...and then reply to this message telling us where to find it.
>>
>> -Corey
>>

> You can see it here:
>
> http://d39.yousendit.com/D/2ALV2QUQMMSHN3S6RO8YB7IA64/lumberjack.MP4

Huh, you weren't kidding. I would've just watched that and wondered who
botched the camera work. For those who haven't checked it out, the
problem isn't a matter of scaling, as I would have expected from the
report. Rather, only the top-left quadrant is displayed:

Instead of:
+-----+
|AA BB|
|CC DD|
+-----+

There is just:
+--+
|AA|
+--+

Anyway, it appears to be a bug in the mov demuxer, and I have no time to
investigate it. For now, use:

$ mplayer -demuxer lavf lumberjack.MP4

(and make sure you're using recent CVS)

-Corey