[MPlayer-users] Audio format 0x20776172 is incompatible with '-oac copy'

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Tue Apr 4 10:58:33 CEST 2006

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:26:24 +0200
vitko <vitk0 at seznam.cz> wrote:

>     Audio format 0x20776172 is incompatible with '-oac copy',
> please try '-oac pcm' instead or use '-fafmttag' to override it.
>
> I'm a bit confused - can someone more knowledgeable shed some light
> on it?
> --------------
> MOV track #1: 5 chunks, 0 samples
> Audio bits: 8  chans: 1  rate: 7867
> Fourcc: raw

You don't say whether mplayer can play this or not. I have had trouble
with mono audio in the past.

Assuming it plays properly then try using -oac pcm as per the
instructions.

Otherwise you will probably have to extract the audio with -dumpaudio
then convert it to stereo with sox or audacity then mux it back in with
the video (created with -nosound).

Martin