[MPlayer-users] mencoder pal-m

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 15:35:51 CEST 2006

On 4/4/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:35:12 -0300
> "Paulo Cavalcanti" <promac at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I live in Brazil. The electric frequency here is 60Hz, and not 50 Hz
> > an in Europe. So, pal-m uses the same framerate and resolution of
> > ntsc, because in America the electric frequency is also 60Hz.
>
> Yes, my mistake.  Just bad luck today, as the first several results
> google came back with gave patently false information on PAL-M,
> including saying that Brazil was 50Hz, (such
> as http://www.atis.org/tg2k/_pal-m.html).

And the main power is 127V, and not 220V (few cities here use it).

I spent a lot of time puting my pixelview card to work. I have TV, radio and
remote control functioning very well. The color problem with certain types
of tapes is a minor one (transcode gave me the same result). The only thing
I think should be possible is recording on the fly using xvid.

I can rip and compress dvd's via dvdrip (transcode) using xvid, so the libs
are not broken (they came from ATrpms).

Thanks, anyway. If anyone has another suggestion, just drop me a note.

/Paulo Roma.