[MPlayer-users] Can't record tv audio

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 23:48:44 CEST 2006

You can always create an script
that puts arecord to run on the background, than calls mplayer,
and kills arecord at the end. It will work.

#!/bin/sh
arecord -D hw:1,1 -r 128000 -f S16_LE -t wav | aplay &
mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:normid=4:alsa ......
kill %1

However, I as told you, upgrading mplayer and video4linux to a recent cvs
version, should make mplayer TV play sound using the loopback cable.

/Paulo Roma.