[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 34

geoff.mplayer at alphaworks.co.uk geoff.mplayer at alphaworks.co.uk
Sat Apr 8 20:07:26 CEST 2006

>From: Thijs Vermeir <thijsvermeir at telenet.be>
>Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Getting information about a video file
>To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests,	bug reports"
>	<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
>

>On 8-apr-06, at 19:30, geoff.mplayer at alphaworks.co.uk wrote:
>

>>> Is it possible to use MPlayer to get information about a video file
>>> such as the dimensions, frame rate and appropriate MIME type? If
>>> not then can anyone suggest an alternative of doing this on the
>>> command line?
>>>

> mplayer -identify ... ;-)

Ah, easy when you know what to look for, I was searching for all the
wrong things on the man page!

That's just what I need but how do I know the possible values of
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT ? For the simple MPEG I have here it returns
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000001 and for an AVI from a digital camera I get
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=MJPG
.

Thanks,
Geoff