[MPlayer-users] Is it possible to demux a video and...

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Apr 12 20:19:08 CEST 2006

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to demux a video into an audio and a video stream
> simultanously with mencoder/mplayer?

I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about the subject, but I kind of
doubt it. The only way to fake it which I can think of offhand to manage
output to two different files simultaneously is with 'mplayer -ao pcm
-vo png', which will dump the audio into a WAV file and the video into a
series of PNG files (one per frame) - and the latter isn't precisely a
"stream".

You're probably going to be much better off either using a dedicated
demuxing tool or just using 'mencoder -of rawvideo' and 'mencoder -of
rawaudio' in two separate steps.

> Input is a dvbt transport stream.

As long as MPlayer can demux and decode it, the original format
shouldn't matter in the slightest (except for things like seeking, or if
the original container was created incorrectly).

> Thank you very much for any helpful reply ! :)

Sorry I couldn't help more...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.