[MPlayer-users] Amazone wmv trailer stops playing sound

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Apr 13 06:20:58 CEST 2006

Jerry Geis wrote:
> mplayer is working great or most things.
> however there is an amazone trailer at
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/d/6/ad6fc147-e95f-4ffd-a2e8-cbd09ca91b00/Amazon_720.exe
>
> That under linux the audio stops half way through.
>
> Is there something I am doing wrong? I am running "mplayer Amazon.wmv"
> and it starts out fine
> then audio stops after a while.

Works fine for me.

You didn't include the text output of mplayer, but if you had I'm
guessing you might have seen what is wrong. I think your computer is too
  slow (or busy) to play that file quickly enough. The buffer for
undecoded video gets filled up by halfway through the movie and mplayer
quits handling sound so it doesn't have to keep storing video packets.

Or, maybe you're using too old a version of mplayer. Try latest CVS if
you're not already.

-Corey