[MPlayer-users] Bug 1 of 2: MKV fast forward doesn't work correctly - Mac OS X 10.3.9

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Fri Apr 14 07:50:21 CEST 2006

On 2006/04/14, at 0:00, RC wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:44:11 -0400
> Ergzay <ergzay at everyoneproductions.com> wrote:
>
>> So is anyone going to consider  fixing this or am I stuck permanently
>> with a broken mkv player and will  I just have to use VLC if I want to
>> fast forward?
>
> Nobody can fix it if they don't know where the problem is.  Have you
> uploaded a sample?

Why would I need to upload a sample if every .mkv file does it. Grab
one of your own for a sample.
I was just about to go and upload a mkv just to show that it happens
with all but I found I don't know where to upload to. The documentation
says to upload to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ but that doesn't
exist.
As a compromise, these sample videos from matroska also exhibit the
fast forwarding problem.
http://www.matroska.org/samples/matrix/index.html
And for those of you who are lazy, direct links:
http://www.matroska.org/samples/matrix/Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-RV9-
Karl640x432_HE_AAC_subtitled_chapters.mkv
http://www.matroska.org/samples/matrix/Matrix.Reloaded.Trailer-640x346-
XviD-1.0beta2-HE_AAC_subtitled.mkv

Like I said it happens with ALL and ANY mkv files.

Ergzay