[MPlayer-users] A/V sync off on x86-64

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 13:43:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 4/14/06, Jasper Taylor <jasper at simulistics.com> wrote:
> Hi all. I have built MPlayer from the CVS on Fedora Core 5 for x86-64 and have
> a problem. There are some .mpeg files I have pulled off DVB-T which when I
> play them the A/V sync is all over the place. The problem appears to be that
> the frame count values have become so large that the floating-point
> representation is no longer accurate enough to work out the difference
> between them. I suspect this is to do with the 64-bitness as the same file
> plays OK on a 32-bit build. Here's the terminal output for illustration:
>
> A:204963825319936.0 V:204963825319936.0 A-V:  0.000 ct:  0.000 931/931  7%  0%
> 0.7% 0 0
>
> If any developers need more info to fix this, please ask!

Could you please put a sample online so I can try to reproduce the
problem? I've got a x86-64 machine, and all works fine there.

You can use ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ to upload your sample.

Guillaume
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.