[MPlayer-users] Nore on 'Nothing works after upgrade'

malcolm malcolm at interele.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 12:12:28 CEST 2006

I posted a while ago that nothing works after upgrading
Anyway here is some more info if it helps

My machine at work - brand new P4

Installed FC5
installed 1.0pre8-0.4.20051128 - OK
upgrade to mplayer-1.0pre8-0.7.20060406 - OK
Installed Suse 10.1 beta8 everything OK just the same as FC5
mplayer plugin work fine with both

My machine at home Amd Duron 750

Installed FC5
installed 1.0pre8-0.4.20051128 - OK
upgrade to mplayer-1.0pre8-0.7.20060406 - Hangs playing DVD,  mplayer plugin
constantly buffers
Installed Suse 10.1 b8 - Works and fails exactly the same as with FC5

I started mplayer from the command line and it doesn't give any errors it just
stops after opening dvd with the HD and DVD lights stuck on

As far as I can see the only diffierence is the hardware - Is there some thing
in the newer code that doesn't like old AMD chips ?

thanks

mal