[MPlayer-users] Command-line for WMV to rawvideo (yuv420p) ?

Siddharth Mathur mat_sid at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 19:13:10 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I want to decode .wmv files (with WMV 9 and WMA 9) to a AVIs with rawvideo
and PCM audio. Specifically, I want the video to be in ffmpeg-style
yuv420p pixel format. Can someone please tell me if this is possible, and
with what command-line args?

The following command does create an AVI, but the resultant video format
is not understood by either of ffmpeg, Quicktime or Windows Media Player:

"mencoder in.wmv -o out.avi -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=rawvideo"

I am currently using 1.0pre7try2-3.2.2.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Siddharth