[MPlayer-users] Blue screen or death

Jasper Taylor jasper at simulistics.com
Wed Apr 19 12:47:15 CEST 2006

Hi folks -- I don't think this is a problem with MPlayer, but it manifests
itself when I use MPlayer so I'm hoping I can pick the assembled brains here
for a solution.

If I start MPlayer (CVS version) -vo xv, I get a nice picture, but if I zoom
to a resolution at which my TV-OUT starts working the picture disappears and
is replaced by plain blue. MPlayer does not report anything wrong.

If I start it -vo gl or gl2 I can get a picture on both monitor and TV, but
after a few seconds my computer shuts down and it can only be restarted after
pulling out the power cord for at least 5 seconds.

I have an Abit UL8 (M1689) Skt939 MoBo and an XFX GeForce MX4000-based AGP
graphics card. The problem is exactly the same whether running under 64-bit
Linux, 32-bit Linux or Windows XP. I also get the shutdown under Windows when
viewing some Macromedia Flash animations.

Any help very welcome!
	--Jasper