[MPlayer-users] Problem playing linked MKV files

Victor Farias nk21507 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 18:32:08 CEST 2006

Hi :)

I want to report a problem in MPlayer when playing a linked MKV file.

Using "mkvmerge" you can split a big MKV file into more than one MKV files
and you can use the "link files" feature.

For more information about "file linking", you can check this address:

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/mkvmerge.html#FILE%20LINKING

The problem starts when you try to seek while playing the second file
(assuming that there are two files).

When seeking forward, then everything will be fine (MPlayer will seek
normally).

When seeking backward, then MPlayer will not seek normally. MPlayer will
seek forward no matter the key you press to seek backward (you can use the
"left" key, the "down" key or the "page down" key; the result will always be
the same... MPlayer will seek 10 seconds forward).

Maybe this is difficult to understand (because of my poor english), but I
think after you try a sample file everything will be clear.

I uploaded some test files to "ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/", so
you can test and try to reproduce this weird behavior:

folder:
- "linked_mkv_files"

files:
- "linked_mkv_files_01.mkv"
- "linked_mkv_files_01.txt"
- "linked_mkv_files_02.mkv"
- "linked_mkv_files_02.txt"

What do you have to do to reproduce the problem???

Just start playing the second file ("linked_mkv_files_02.mkv") and press the
"left" key (or the "down" key or the "page down" key) and you will see what
I am trying to report.

I am using current CVS (2006-04-18) compiled under a MinGW (candidate)
environment.

My system: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ S939, 512MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE
(ForceWare 81.98), Windows XP Professional SP2.

I hope you can reproduce this behavior with all the information I have
provided... If you need more information, just ask for it.

Thanks to the MPlayer dev team for the great work!!!

Byes :p

* Sorry for my poor english.

Yakusoku wa iranai.