[MPlayer-users] Copy protection on DVDs beyond CSS?

Jonathan Schmitt jonathan.schmitt at detla.de
Wed Apr 19 22:46:59 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 19. April 2006 21:43 schrieb Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski:
> I have this on one of Stargate SG-1 DVDs, it's not copy protection but
> illegal MPEG stream header which confuses mplayer.

I followed this trail further and now have the following:

- half an hour of waiting is not enough

- calling mplayer with -v gives
Invalid NAVI packet! lba=0x4E  navi=0x4004E
Invalid NAVI packet! lba=0x122  navi=0x40122
Invalid NAVI packet! lba=0x1F7  navi=0x401F7

Searching for this error message does not yield very helpful results, some
hints regarding the "alang" options did not improve the situation.

Kind regards,
Jonathan