[MPlayer-users] Copy protection on DVDs beyond CSS?

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Thu Apr 20 22:51:37 CEST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 21:44, Jonathan Schmitt wrote:
> Neither mplayer nor xine leave any traces in the dmesg. Konsole output
> for mplayer is none without the -v. With -v, I get an endless list of
>
> Invalid NAVI packet! lba=0x4E  navi=0x4004E
> Invalid NAVI packet! lba=0x122  navi=0x40122
> Invalid NAVI packet! lba=0x1F7  navi=0x401F7

I am wondering, is this navi=lba+0x40000 behaviour consistent for all the
error messages?

Maybe it is just a weird flag that all players choke on, but could be
ignored (i.e. masked out). I don't know. Maybe add

d->dsi_pack.dsi_gi.nv_pck_lbn &= 0xfffbffff;

before the check in libmpdemux/stream_dvd.c (line 273) and see if that fixes
anything. But even if it works, this is probably not the right fix :-)

--Ivo