[MPlayer-users] make fails with codec-cfg libintl.so.3 error

Dustin dustin_atm_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 01:31:13 CEST 2006

I'm trying to build mplayer but not having much luck.
I run configure and everything works fine, I'm running
with the following command:

./configure
--with-codecsdir=/tmp2/dustind/local/lib/codecs/
--prefix=/tmp2/dustind/mplayer/

However, when I run make, I get the following error:

./codec-cfg: error while loading shared libraries:
libintl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I tried a 'locate libintl.so.3' and found the
following:

/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/libintl_8cpp-source.html
/usr/share/awk/libintl.awk
/usr/include/libintl.h

I'm running CentOS, which is some derivative of the
latest RedHat business class suite, but free.

Is there any way to fix this?  Is there either a way
to get around this error, download the appropriate
package that contains libintl.so.3, or download an
older version of mplayer that doesn't require this?

Thanks,
Dustin