[MPlayer-users] how to repair an mpeg

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 20:37:13 CEST 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:12:41 +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 08:27 -0400, John Brown wrote:
> > What you actually want is that the duplicate frames NOT be dropped.
>
>I suspect them to be the reason of the shift between audio & video. The
>natural wish is to drop them. Am I wrong?

I would say that the shifting is due to frames being dropped. Say you have
10 seconds of video at 25 frames per second, for example, and 10 seconds of
audio. Let us say that 1/2 of the frames are duplicates. If you drop those,
you will be left with 5 seconds of video and 10 seconds of audio.  That is
my theory anyway. The experts will correct me if I'm wrong.

In anycase, the manual says that you must use -vf harddup when generating
MPEG files.