[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer dev-CVS-060420-15:16-3.3 and Mac OS X 10.3.9 screensaver

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Apr 22 04:24:45 CEST 2006

José Filipe wrote:

> José Filipe <jofivigo <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This happened recently. I was using a CVS, maybe 060410, and it
>> didn't had any problem. I didn't make any systems changes. I'll try
>> to go back to a previous CVS.
>
> BTW, I did this command: cvs update -PAd -D "2006-04-15", and it
> didn't bring me the CVS for the 15th of April of 2006.

What date's CVS *did* it bring you?

> Is the command wrong? It's in the manual.

You might want to try specifying the time zone in the date string. On
the one project on which I have had to do this type of regression test
to any great extent (Wine), I had to specify the date in a form like '-D
"2006-01-01 CDT"' (and usually a time-of-day stamp as well) in order to
get the expected results. I'd expect that you would get the best results
from specifying the time zone in which the MPlayer CVS server is
located, but I don't know exactly why it seems to work that way.

IIRC I mentioned something about this when that note was being added to
the documentation, but nothing came of it.

I can't guarantee that this will solve the problem, of course, but it's
all I can give you from my own experience to date...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.