[MPlayer-users] Re: Aspect change in DVB stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Apr 23 23:59:38 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> I think I already did once, but I did not like that fact that if the
> user has resized the window before it will jump back to its original
> positions (actuall I think back then this would also sometimes happen
> when nothing changed at all...

Present situation is this: If a user resizes the window while playing a DVB
stream, and the aspect ratio changes, the window will "jump back to its"
original resolution and position, keeping the meanwhile possibly incorrect
aspect.

If your patch changes this behaviour so that that whenever the aspect changes,
the window is resized to an "original" resolution, but with correct (new)
aspect ratio, things would be _much_ better.

Is such a patch available?

Thank you, Carl Eugen Hoyos