[MPlayer-users] libmpdemux/tvi_v4l2.c

Liam Parker liam at eliam.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 01:14:12 CEST 2006

Hello All,

Sorry if this doesn't contain all info requested but its pretty
straightforward problem.  Feel free to ask for extra info if needed.

Also, have been discussing this with 'tcsetattr' on irc (#mplayer) so I
don't know if they are already looking/reporting this.

essentially, libmpdemux/tvi_v4l2.c seems to have a defect in lines 1136-1140
================
         if (si.totalram<2*1024*1024) {
             bufsize = 1024*1024;
         } else {
             bufsize = si.totalram/2;
         }
================

for my system (and all linuxes >2.3.16) struct sysinfo has a var
mem_unit.  Mostly, this is set to 1 but (again for my system) when my
swap space is configured larger than approx 2gb then it changes to 4096
and mencoder starts complaining about
"video buffer full - dropping frame"
when encoding from the tv capture card.

A manual workaround exists by setting buffersize=1024 (the max
allowed?!) for the tv driver.

like I said before, apologies if your already working on this (or don't
care as its got a work around!) and let me know if you need any more info.

Regards,

Liam