[MPlayer-users] configure doesn't find Jack

Warren Wilder wipwap19 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:08:54 CEST 2006

I've noticed that Mplayer can be compiled with Jack support.
I am not sure yet whether this will be of use to me, but since
I already have Jack installed, I thought I might as well make use
of the support.

Unfortunately, the autodetection of Jack doesn't work on my system.
It's an LFS system, so everything is made from sources and I want
to know/learn about every little itty bitty thing that isn't working
right yet.
Jack seems to work, so what is keeping it from being detected?
I checked the configure.log and noticed the Jack version number printed
in there. So something is being detected, right?

Any pointers about how to get this working, and about the possible uses
of Jack with Mplayer are welcome.

Thanks, Warren