[MPlayer-users] mencoder under linux to avi and play underwindowswmplayer not work

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Apr 26 22:37:35 CEST 2006

RC,

>On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:15:23 -0400
>Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com <http://mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-users>> wrote:
>
>>/ Can you suggest something that perhaps I have not tried?
/>
>Reading the docs?  :-)
>
>WMP likely won't play MPEG-4 video an MPEG container.  A sampling rate
>of 8000 won't work.  Leaving the audio bitrate at the default won't
>work. etc.

I have tried a number of other options like using vbitrate=1000
using -oac lavc and -ovc lavc and have not come up with
a combination that lets WMP play an mencoded video.

Can you share with me what you know may work? Thanks,

Again my goal is to take a linksys camera WVC54G to be exact and
use mencoder to give an output that WMP will play it.

Seemed like such a simple goal but I have not found a way yet.

Thanks for your time.

Jerry