[MPlayer-users] Re: divx 6

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 27 18:00:41 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 03:24:04AM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> "much faster"? The default options of lavc are extremly low quality. Making
> xvid as low quality makes it even faster, so I don't know which one is

No flaming intended, but...
Can you give options that would make xvid coding really fast (quality
about the same as lavc defaults, or a bit worse, doesn't matter much,
just not such crap as "all keyframes" or "no motion compensation at
all".
Because for some reason, on my AMD64 machine I could at best get xvid to
the same speed as lavc.
Not sure where the problem is, so I'd very much like a command line for
comparison.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger