[MPlayer-users] Re: divx 6

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Apr 28 19:02:28 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 03:05:22AM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> > Don't post doom9 crap here, he's not respected at all after the last
> > fiasco.
>
> You mean the fiasco that mencoder with the best encoding options (selected
> by it's own developers) is much slower than xvid while giving worse
> quality? It's even much slower than DivX.

No, I mean the fiasco with using invalid testing methodology, refusing
to come clean on the cases of bias in his testing, and getting made at
lavc and disqualifying it from the tests after I flames him (keep in
mind I am just a lavc user and have nothing to do with lavc
development).

> Pretending that Xvid and Divx are slow and bad does not help...

Divx is slow and bad. Historically Xvid is slow and bad. Apparently
that's not the case for encoding anymore but it's definitely the case
for decoding with xvid...

Rich