[MPlayer-users] Re: divx 6

Alexander Noe' alexander.noe at s2001.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Apr 28 22:51:50 CEST 2006

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski schrieb:

> On Friday, 28 April 2006 at 21:09, Alexander Noe' wrote:
> [...]
>
>>mplayer still can't even read open-dml AVI files
>

> AFAIK this is completely false. Do you have a sample to prove otherwise?

Last time someone tried playing a low-overhead mode file with mplayer
this someone reported that it didn't work. When I went to #mplayer to
explain them how this type of open-dml file works and why it is a
correct open-dml file, it was told that this was an "aberration" of
the open-dml specs and that mplayer won't support that unless I
provide a patch.

Since I haven't provided such a patch, I conclude that low-overhead
files, which are correct open-dml files, are not supported.

Alex