[MPlayer-users] streaming video problem

john znuck wlwireless at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 16:00:51 CEST 2006

hi,
Official or un-0fficial, it is relative. In Debian, mplayer is unofficial. Anyway, that's a small matter.
I have downloaded and installed pre7 of mplayer with 'essentials' codecs and still have the same problem.
I think it is a case of the codecs not keeping up with the format changes. For instance, cbsnews requires RealplayerGold10 player. Is the corresponding codec available in mplayer? Another site i have problem streaming the video is space.com. Don't know what format they use there. Pls let me know if you do.

jz

Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote: On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:07:31 -0700 (PDT)
john znuck  wrote:

> Hi,
> i am using the debian 'testing' dist with kernel-2.6.15 and mozilla-firefox1.5.
> i have installed the debian-mallirat version of mplayer as well the mozilla plugin package mozilla-mplayer.
[...]
> What have i missed?

That we do not support any unofficial packages.
Compile mplayer yourself, try again, if it still
doesn't work read bugreports.html.

   Attila Kinali

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ