[MPlayer-users] ProcessInputError

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Aug 4 13:36:29 CEST 2006

On Friday, 04 August 2006 at 09:20, navaladi a wrote:
> hi,I have debian3.1.compiled mplayer from source.I have pre7 and pre8
> both versions.
> But i am unable to play a wmv3 file with mplayer.
> I have all the dll codecs in /usr/lib/win32.mplayer plays a normal wmv
> file & all other formats.
> But it produces error for wmv3 video files which i got from p2p.
> but i guess it is not relationship with pre7 and pre8 although i guess
> a buggy "wmv9dmo" codec.

[...]
> ProcessInputError  r:0x80004005=-2147467259 (keyframe: 1)??,?% 0 0

The ProcessInputError message indicates that the files you are trying
to play are DRM'ed. In other words, you are out of luck. Delete them
and forget about this.

> Does the development of wmv9dmo is happening?pls help on this.

There is an open-source WMV3/WMV9/VC1 decoder in development, but
DRM support isn't being worked on nor will it ever be.

> Also i really appreciate the wrokarounds to resolve this problem then
> solution.

The only solution available at present is to unlock the files on the
Windows machine where they were originally playable.

> I also played in windows media player.but it is helpless.it connectes
> to some license websites and failed.

Then there's nothing else you can do for now.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/