[MPlayer-users] old computer

Hulin Thibaud hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 4 19:24:14 CEST 2006

Thanks you for help !
About the list, I'm not sure how to do to reply to everybody on this list.

About mplayer and sound, I don't know how use oss emulation of alsa, but
I used this command :
mplayer *.avi -lavdopts lowres=1:fast:skiploopfilter=amm -vfm ffmpeg -ao
sdl -autosync 30
I have the same problem, only in a more little window. The scene is
enough quicky for the sound that is good...
About alsa and oss, I rode a page (that can be contest probably), as
this link : http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/747/
With the option -ao oss, it's not enough.
But oss is not emulation of oss by alsa ?

About unaccelerated GFX, I don't see how try. In the link above, the
autor suggest using a VGA driver supporting "hard DR" (VIDIX, mga_vid,
DGA, VESA, or fbdev), but that not works for me...