[MPlayer-users] Playing WMA files

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Aug 5 18:29:06 CEST 2006

Using FreeBSD 6.1 STABLE

I am a new user of mplayer. I have a large collection of music in 'wma' format
that I have download via Musicmatch Jukebox on my WinXP machine. I have
transfered several of the titles to this (FreeBSD) machine. While using KDE,
I have started mplayer and attempted to play some of those titles. All I hear
is a quick burst of something like static and that is it. I can play mp3
files just fine though.

Obviously I am either doing something wrong or have something configured
incorrectly, but I am not sure of what. I could really use some assistance.

Ciao!

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

Marriage is not merely sharing the fettucine, but sharing the
burden of finding the fettucine restaurant in the first place.

	Calvin Trillin