[MPlayer-users] mpeg1 video not playable on QuickTime player

P. W. pwu_1024 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 07:02:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

I used the following command to convert a wmv file to
a mpeg1 file on linux box. The resulted video can be
played fine using mplayer or windows media player.
However, when I tried to play it using QuickTime
player, it only played audio, no video showing. So, I
would really appreciate some suggestions on what would
be the right way to do such conversion.

#mencoder test1.wmv -o test1.mpg -of lavf -oac mp3lame
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -ofps 25
-lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

Thanks,

PW