[MPlayer-users] xinit vs mplayer

Christian Axelsson smiler at lanil.mine.nu
Sun Aug 6 11:49:26 CEST 2006

Hello!

I'm trying to run mplayer via xinit:

   xinit /usr/bin/mplayer /tmp/foo.avi -- :1

or

   xinit /usr/bin/gmplayer /tmp/foo.avi -- :1

but the only thing I get in the first case is a blank x-session (from
what I can see) and in the second case I get a blue frame and a black
blob that looks like the gmplayer control window (looks like when an
X-app hangs).

The method works fine with every other app Ive tested including
stepmania and kaffenie. I have a friend who is experiencing the same
problem.

I've attached -msglevel all=9 logs for both cases and the Xserver logs.
The errors at the end of the mplayer logs are from me
ctrl-alt-backspacing the server.

--
Christian