[MPlayer-users] problem playing dvd

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Aug 8 01:38:22 CEST 2006

On Tuesday, 08 August 2006 at 00:17, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> >On Monday, 07 August 2006 at 23:06, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> >
> >>hi, sorry for using wrong terms, i compiled with only --enable-gui.
> >>
> >>but now i am not sure if i understand you.
> >>i tried:
> >>
> >>nowhiskey at murija2:~$ mplayer -vo xv -ao jack /media/cdrom0
> >>

> >This is wrong usage. You cannot "play" a device file or indeed a mounted
> >dvd like this.
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >>trying mplayer -v:
> >>
> >>nowhiskey at murija2:~$ mplayer -v dvd://1
> >>
> >[...]
> >
> >>libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
> >>Reading disc structure, please wait...
> >>libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
> >>Can't open VMG info!
> >>File not found: '1'
> >>Failed to open dvd://1.
> >>

> >What if you specify -dvd-device /dev/whatever_is_the_correct_device?
>
> well, with:
>
> mplayer -vo xv -ao jack /dev/cdrom
>
> i can play another dvd, but trying this special one, it just happens
> nothing, it needs long time till i am able to kill it then, i am helping
> myself typing "eject"in another terminal, so after 3 minutes mplayer
> gets killed:
>
> nowhiskey at murija2:~$ mplayer -vo xv -ao jack /dev/cdrom
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r19235-4.0.4 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor         1.40GHz (Family: 6, Model:
> 13, Stepping: 8)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
>
> Failed to open /dev/rtc: Permission denied (it should be readable by the
> user.)
>
> Playing /dev/cdrom.

> actually the dvd begins to turn, but than after short time it stopes again.
> in the terminal nothing happens, it just sayes ...Playing /dev/cdrom.

Look, if you want to get help, please follow the advice I'm giving you.
You ignored both of mine.

Additionally, please DO NOT top-reply. I will ignore any further replies
from you if you don't follow proper quoting rules.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/