[MPlayer-users] divtc filter

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Aug 8 08:41:47 CEST 2006

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:11:33 -0700
Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> wrote:

> You can try using -vf filmdint instead. It deinterlaces automatically
> in parts where it can't inverse-telecine properly.

I wouldn't recomend that.  filmdint's deinterlacer is very bad.

pp=lb works fairly well, as it only slightly blurs progressive frames,
and is a decent (IMHO) deinterlacer.

I tried to find a good threshold for kerndeint, but until you get to
about 40 it will try to deinterlace progressive video, and even just a
bit above 10 and it won't deinterlace much of the interlaced material.

yadif seems pretty good so far, if you don't mind spending the extra
CPU-time on it.