[MPlayer-users] teared animation.

Pawel null7 at wp.pl
Thu Aug 10 10:02:33 CEST 2006

Hallo RC

RC writes:
 > On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:49:36 +0200
 > Pawel <null7 at wp.pl> wrote:
 >
 > > First I thought that the issue is performance (previously I encoded
 > > movies to 8mbps stream), but after decreasing stream to 1Mbps and
 > > recompiling mplayer to i686 I can see the same tearing issue.
 >
 > It may well be that your CPU (or videocard) just isn't fast enough to
 > handle 50fps.

I have once seen that mplayer produced information when it claimed that
movie ran too slow, but in my case it does not produce such information.
I wonder if videocard CPU were too slow, would mplayer produce "too slow"
info to console?
Maybe there is a way to check that too slow videocard CPU is the reason
of my problem.

 > > Maybe the problem is somewhere with mencoder params.
 >
 > I recomend "softskip" after tfields, if mencoder is dropping frames when
 > encoding, that could cause the problem.

encoding with mencoder skips only one frame (I am encoding on faster machine - PIV), so I think that this is not the problem.