[MPlayer-users] error while loading shared libraries

David Burau fangornx at gmx.de
Fri Aug 11 15:11:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

System:
Athlon-XP 3200
Debian Sarge
1024MB RAM

I've compiled Mplayer form CVS using:
"svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/"
./configure
make
make install

The same way I install twolame 3.8.

But when I try to start mplayer by tiping "mplayer" I get the
following message:
"Blue:/home/knpx/cvs/trunk# mplayer
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libtwolame.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory"

But libtwolame.so.0 does exist in /usr/local/lib!!

After compiling with --disabel-twolame I got the same message telling
me, that libfaac is missing. So this seems to be a genrel problem.

Thank you!

David Burau