[MPlayer-users] Problem with playlist in slave mode

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Aug 16 18:11:37 CEST 2006

Christian HUAUX wrote:

> Hello, i have a little problem.
>
> In slave mode under windows I try to send a list of file to play,
> works great, the problem is when I want to send another list of file
> it doesn't react as I want (in fact I think it doesn't react well).

I'm not terribly familiar with slave mode, but I believe I know what's
going on here. If I'm wrong, someone will almost certainly let both of
us know in fairly short order.

> First if I give this command
> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 01 - City 13.mp3" 0

(meaning, "load this file and start playing it immediately")

> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 02 - Log off.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 03 - Voyage to Avalon.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 04 - Murphy´s Ghost.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 05 - Bishop.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 06 - Nine Sisters.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 07 - Ruins C66.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/Avalon/Avalon OST - 08 - Gray Lady (Ash).mp3" 1

(meaning, "load each of these files and add them to the end of the
playlist, but keep playing the current song")

> it start playing city 13, if while playing city 13 I give this command
>
> loadfile "h:/mp3/The Offspring - Smash/01 - Intro.mp3" 0

(meaning, "load this file and start playing it immediately" - i.e., stop
playing the current song and start playing this one)

> loadfile "h:/mp3/The Offspring - Smash/02 - Nitro (Youth Energy).mp3" 1

(meaning, "load this file and add it to the end of the existing
playlist" - i.e., since the existing playlist already contains seven
songs and the last one on the list is 'Gray Lady', after this command it
will contain eight songs and the last one on the list will be 'Nitro')

> loadfile "h:/mp3/The Offspring - Smash/03 - Bad Habit.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/The Offspring - Smash/04 - Genocide.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/The Offspring - Smash/05 - Gotta Get Away.mp3" 1
> loadfile "h:/mp3/The Offspring - Smash/06 - Something to Believe.mp3" 1

(meaning the same as the last note)

> if start playing intro.mp3, very well, but after finishing intro.mp3
> mplayer play log off (the second file from my previous list) and then
> continue playing my previous batch of file.

As the above should make clear, this is because you've told it to add
the various other files to the *end* of the playlist. When your current
playlist finishes, your second one will start.

I don't know whether you're trying to clear out your current playlist
and put this one in its place, or put this playlist in the middle of
your current one (so that after 'Something to Believe" it would continue
with 'Log off'), but either way there don't seem to be any slave
commands to allow that at present.

> If I give the second file list while playing log off.mp3 it stop
> playing log off.mp3, and start it again at start .
>
> What i'm doing wrong ? or peharps there is a bug somewhere.

You aren't doing anything wrong, just misunderstanding what the loadfile
command does. Likewise, there isn't any bug - it's just a missing
feature or three.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.