[MPlayer-users] MPlayer && www.youtube.com

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Sat Aug 19 18:10:34 CEST 2006

On Saturday 19 August 2006 17:29, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> I'm using MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.4, compiled on FreeBSD. Is it
> somehow possible watch movies placed on http://www.youtube.com/
> for example this one:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8coPjZzNSY

If I want to save a youtube video and watch it with MPlayer later, I just
start it in my browser (Opera 9) and look for a large flv file in the
browser cache (~/.opera/cache4/*.flv in my case). When the file is finished
downloading, it might still be playing in your browser window. Just copy it
out of the cache under a different name and quit the browser window. After
that: mplayer -fs fubar.flv.

--Ivo