[MPlayer-users] Re: can't get zoran output to work

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Mon Aug 21 23:10:51 CEST 2006

måndag 21 augusti 2006 22:00 skrev Phil Bertram:
> On Monday 21 August 2006 9:11 pm, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> > söndag 20 augusti 2006 07:21 skrev Karolina:
> > > I can't get the zr (zoran) video output driver to work properly.
>
> I have also been unable to get zr or zr2 to work. The message below was
> sent to the list and did not get a response. The info copied here may help.
<<<clip>>>
> MPlayer appears to initialize the card fine then the problem appears to be
> with this error......
>
> vo_zr2: error waiting for buffer to become free8 ??% ??% ??,?% 1 0 44%
> vo_zr2: error queueing buffer for playback

I get that error if I try to run mplayer on the console. When I run it from an
X terminal, it goes past that. It appears that it somehow requires X running,
even the non-gui version, although it is not going to display there.

I got zr2 displaying something now, with the example in the man-page:
mplayer -vo zr2 -vf scale=352:288,zrmjpeg file.avi
But the zrmjpeg option makes it slow, oooooh, so slow. Unusable slow.
I don't understand why there are two drivers zr, and zr2.

Karolina