[MPlayer-users] compiling including mp3lame

Mike Wellmer mikew66 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 10:16:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

I wonder if guys have come across my problem as well.
I have compiled  and installed MPlayer-1.0pre8 successfully, but when I try
to encode using mp3lame I get an error message telling me mplayer has been
compiled WITHOUT mp3lame support. And sure enough in configure.log I find
the following:

configure.log:============ Checking for libmp3lame (for mencoder)
============
configure.log:cc -O4 -march=k8 -mtune=k8 -pipe -ffast-math
-fomit-frame-pointer    -o /tmp/mplayer-conf-32712-9945.o
/tmp/mplayer-conf-24297-9945.c -lmp3lame -lm
configure.log:  libmp3lame.so.0 => not found
configure.log:/tmp/mplayer-conf-32712-9945.o: error while loading shared
libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
grep: libmp3lame.so.0: No such file or directory

Needless to say that I have compiled and installed lame beforehand and
libmp3lame.so.0 is happily sitting in /usr/local/lib.
I wonder where mplayer's configure is looking for it? Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike