[MPlayer-users] Thumbnail of video?

Dan A. Dickey dan.dickey at savvis.net
Tue Aug 22 19:37:06 CEST 2006

I'd like to use mplayer to generate a jpg thumbnail of
a video.  The problem is that there are many videos,
some of which have black intros.  How do I skip these
to get an actual frame from the video?  I know I can
skip N frames, or skip to time 0:15 or some such, but
I really have no idea of the length of the black intro
part.  Is there a command option that can "scan" for
an "interesting" frame?  I see the video filter 'blackframe' -
would this be what I want to use?  At the moment, I
can't try it out as my present version of mplayer 1.0pre8
doesn't have it.  It must be in svn head.
Alternatively, can I skip frame until an average luminance
value is hit?  How can I do this?  Thanks.
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey
dan.dickey at savvis.net