[MPlayer-users] pre8 crashes on "Large H.264 MPEG-4" Hubble .mp4 file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Aug 22 22:29:43 CEST 2006

Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> Please do not remove my address from To/CC when replying (IOW: use
> "reply to all" in your mail program).

This may be desirable in your case, although I'm having a hard time
imagining a mail-reading routine which would make it difficult to notice
vast majority of mailing list replies. (I, for one, would be - and
sometimes am - quite irritated to receive a private copy of a message
sent to a mailing list to which I am subscribed. At best, a private
heads-up that a reply had been sent would be appropriate; even that
would be annoying in most cases.)

Also, no one removed your address from the reply; it was never there in
the first place. This is because of the Reply-To header, which (properly
IMO) is set to include the mailing list address when it goes through the
list. I can understand your objecting to not receiving a private copy,
although it seems odd to me that you would readily fail to notice a
response to a thread which you started, but please don't accuse people
of doing such things intentionally; even I don't remove names from
Reply-To headers without good reason, although I do set Reply-To back to
the list so as to prevent replies to the private copy from coming only
to me (as I have done in this instance).

Also, I'd like to note that making multiple identical posts - especially
in rapid succession - is considered, at best, Very Bad Form. Failing to
quote in any of them only exacerbates the problem.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.