[MPlayer-users] x264 encoding/matroska/etc.

Peter Gavin pgavin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 08:22:21 CEST 2006

Hmm, now that I've thought about it some, I don't think it will work,
but I'll try it anyways.  The raw 264 stream won't have any sync
information.

I was thinking that there should be some standard way to have an
encoder output the sync info into a file, for later use while muxing.
There isn't anything like this, is there?  I'm not sure exactly how
this works, but the container formats have a kind of timestamp
associated with every few frames, right?  This timestamp wouldn't be
present in a raw 264 stream. But if there was a way to output the
timestamps in a text file, it wouldn't matter.

Pete