[MPlayer-users] "-wid" problem: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter); embedding MPlayer into a java SWT application

Marco Trudel mtrudel at gmx.ch
Sat Aug 26 13:34:32 CEST 2006

Hello list

I embed MPlayer into a java SWT application using the "-wid" option. A
minimal java example can be found here:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cygwin/2005-September/002287.html
needed too:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cygwin/2005-September/002290.html

It works perfectly on windows. It fails on linux with:
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
   Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
   Resource id in failed request:  0x80b7488
   Serial number of failed request:  47

I tried with
- MPlayer v1.0pre8 and v1.0pre7
- SuSE Linux 10.0 and 10.1
- SWT built for GTK and Motif

All fail. Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm sitting on this
for two days already and google wasn't much of help... What more
informations can I provide?

Any help really highly appreciated...

thanks
Marco

PS: Is this the right mailinglist for this? It's kind of use and
development related...