[MPlayer-users] Problems setting up OSD Menu

Christian Obst christian_obst at gmx.de
Sat Aug 26 23:37:50 CEST 2006

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:16:17 +0200
Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Christian Obst wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >I am trying to configure mplayer to display the channels in my
> >channels.conf in the OSD Menu. I did not set up that menu before, so
> >I read the docs and found that I have to copy menu.conf
> >
> no, dvb-menu.conf as ~/.mplayer/menu.conf

Ok, that is for the DVB channels menu, you're right. But I forgot to
say that this file is not present on my system.

> >and input.conf
> >to ~/.mplayer. According to input.conf, I only have to define a key
> >to bring the menu up, then I would be able to navigate with the
> >cursor keys and ENTER.
>
> KP1 menu up
> in input.conf will show the menu when you press 1 on the keypad
> (with keylock on)

I'm sure it will do that, just like "M" does that in my configuration.
The problem is this here:

> >But every time I hit ENTER to select a menu entry, mplayer simply
> >restarts the movie it is playing. Thus, the menu is unusable on my
> >system.

> all that I wrote is also explained in DOCS/xml/en/video.xml

I read that file. I also read about dvb-menu.conf. Forgot to mention I
don't have it (don't know why). Sorry. I will try to find it with
google, though. My real problem is that the menu goes up, but does not
behave as it should ...

Thanks,
Christian

--