[MPlayer-users] Clicking noise in multi-channel audio playback?

qsd qsd at rogers.com
Sun Aug 27 19:36:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've had this annoying mplayer behavior for quite a while now.
Basically, whenever I try to play a movie with a better than stereo
sound, mplayer makes an annoying clicking sound over all the speakers.

Now the interesting thing is that if I demux the audio and video, and
then play them both simultaneously (both with mplayer of course),
everything is just fine. The movie also plays fine in other players.

So it appears that there is some noise introduced somewhere in the
real-time demuxing process. Does anybody have similar problem? Is this a
known bug? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

My setup (for what it's worth):
mplayer dev-SVN-r19437-4.1.2 on amd64 debian with nvsound oss sound
driver.

Thanks in advance.