[MPlayer-users] BUG: invalid bitrate information for ogg files and mkv video streams

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Mon Aug 28 19:38:33 CEST 2006

> > > In the recent svn release (r19487) and in a lot of previous svn
> > > releases mplayer provides broken bitrate information for ogg
> > > files.
>
> Nope. 19406 and 19549 work well.
> Does it happen with every file ?

Firstly I thought that with every. Then I've discovered, that this
happens with about 95% of my ogg files, but not with all. I can't
clearly distinguish difference between these two groups (correct and
broken bitrate info).

I can upload to ftp an example of problem file, if this helps...
Intresting feature: ogginfo displays proper information for all files.

Here it is part of mplayer -v output for both type of files:

file with correct bitrate info in mplayer:
[Ogg] stream 0: audio (Vorbis), -aid 0
Ogg stream length (granulepos): 10322351
Ogg demuxer : found 1 audio stream, 0 video stream and 0 text stream
fixup_vorbis_wf: i=0, size=30
fixup_vorbis_wf: i=1, size=45
fixup_vorbis_wf: i=2, size=3683
demux_ogg, offset after 1st len = 2
demux_ogg, offset after 2nd len = 3
demux_ogg, i=0, bytes: 30, offset: 3
demux_ogg, i=1, bytes: 45, offset: 33
demux_ogg, i=2, bytes: 3683, offset: 78
demux_ogg, extradata size: 3761
demux_ogg, vorbis stream features are: channels: 2, srate: 44100,
bitrate: 28000, max: 0, nominal: 224003, min: 0

file with broken bitrate info in mplayer:
[Ogg] stream 0: audio (Vorbis), -aid 0
Ogg stream length (granulepos): 11869056
Ogg demuxer : found 1 audio stream, 0 video stream and 0 text stream
fixup_vorbis_wf: i=0, size=30
fixup_vorbis_wf: i=1, size=299
fixup_vorbis_wf: i=2, size=3683
demux_ogg, offset after 1st len = 2
demux_ogg, offset after 2nd len = 4
demux_ogg, i=0, bytes: 30, offset: 4
demux_ogg, i=1, bytes: 299, offset: 34
demux_ogg, i=2, bytes: 3683, offset: 333
demux_ogg, extradata size: 4016
demux_ogg, vorbis stream features are: channels: 2, srate: 44100,
bitrate: 536870911, max: 4294967295, nominal: 192000, min: 4294967295
And data for this file according to ogginfo:
channels: 2
srate: 44100
nominal bitrate: 192.000000
average bitrate: 174.222721

> Something special with your system

I can't sees any special features...
Earlier I thought that it might be a problem in my libogg library -- it
was rather old. I've update it to libogg-1.1.2-2, recompiled mplayer,
but nothing changes...

> or mplayer configuration options ?

Usually I compile mplayer in this way:
./configure --language=ru,en --enable-menu --enable-xmms
--enable-largefiles --enable-fbdev --enable-dvdnav --disable-tv
--disable-dvbhead

But reconfiguring and recompiling with only ./configure changes nothing.

Maybe it is problem somewhere in demux_ogg 'cause ogginfo provides
proper informations for files with broken bitrate data in mplayer...